Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Friday, July 29, 2005

Day 22

Hmm, I’ve been here for three weeks already and it feels like I just arrived yesterday. I guess time flies when you’re having fun.
Somehow I always have fun here. I’m always on the go. I drove over 2000 kilometers in three weeks. Where to? I don’t know.
Well, unfortunately I’m past the half time mark of my holiday, I’m leaving in less than three weeks. Until then, however, I have a dissertation to finish. It’s about the GCC, focusing on its relations with the EU. I’m going to try to finish it up in one week, so I’ll still have time to lazy around after that.
Today we spent KD 30 in Sultan Center. Prices have so gone up here. We only bought food that might not even last the whole week. Of course things like V8 and Gatorade are sneakily overpriced. What I don’t get is with temperatures close to 50, and people sweating like horses, why is there only one flavor of Gatorade on the shelves of Sultan Center? And it’s purple. I had a very hard time convincing my dad about the advantages of Gatorade, he doesn’t like foods and drinks in weird colors. It doesn’t get weirder than purple.

I left my camera at home these past few days, but here’s the picture Edjamacated Guy “requested.” :o) Unfortunately the sunrise cannot be seen from my roof. But the sunset can be, so here’s a shot of that I took last year.
Also, a picture of some mesbahs. I liked how colorful they were. Can someone please write down what they are used for?
Until yesterday I thought they go through the 33 beads 3 times and say the 99 adjectives for God, but then I was told no, they say Allahu Akbar 33 times, Hamdulillah 33 times and SubhanAllah 33 times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home