Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Day 3


Did you guys ever notice the TANZIFCO boat at the marina at Marina Crescent? It’s kind of hard to notice the little paddle boat between the gazillion KD yachts. TANZIFCO is a Kuwaiti cleaning company. The little paddle boat has a trash can on it.

It’s been three days since I’m here driving around in my mom’s little focus, but every time I stop my left leg still starts tapping, looking for the clutch. But only when I’m stopping. The first day I kept wanting to change gears too. I thought I will never say this, but manual cars are somewhat more fun. I can make my wheels spin when I start :o)
What I noticed around Kuwait is that they put up a lot of new STOP signs. At least in Jabriya, there’s one on every corner now. No-one is really stopping though…hmmm
One of my biggest fears in driving is that my tire will burst while I’m driving on the highway. This guys tire made me remember this pet peeve of mine again.

As I was walking towards my house from the car I heard some noise, and discovered our neighbor has a petting zoo. Or rather a bunch of unlucky ducks and sheep and goats that will end up on the dinner table soon…The moon tonight was very pretty, a very thin crescent. Unfortunately my camera is not nearly professional enough to capture such images properly, I had to take quiet a few shots before this one turned not smudgy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home