Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Thursday, July 28, 2005

My dad

I used to think that the most difficult part of being a Muslim must be to get up for fajr prayer before sunrise.
Since the Kuwaiti government has the new law banning outside work between 12 and 4, my dad has to be at work at 5am, and thus he leaves a little after 4. So, since I’m here, I’ve been getting up around 3:30ish in the morning, to make him breakfast and pack his lunch, sometimes cooking it in the morning. We usually end up having a nice chit-chat over breakfast.
So now I hear the morning call for prayer every day, except Fridays.
It’s not so bad at all. Of course I get to go back to sleep after he leaves, and I definitely don’t have trouble falling asleep again. I can fall asleep pretty much anytime anywhere in general...

PS: I was thinking it would be nice to go out and take sunrise pictures one morning on the beach or something. Anyone know any good spots?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home