Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My favorite…fort in Kuwait

Well, this one easy as there is only one fort, the one of very few historic sites in Kuwait. The Red Fort (Kasr Al-Ahmar) in located in Jahra, and was the site of an important battle in 1920 protecting Kuwait.
Jahra is not available on Google Maps, and as usual I don’t have the exact address, but people in Jahra are very friendly and can tell the way to the fort.The last time I was there was a year ago, and at that time they were just finishing up renovating the whole fort, apparently it will become a museum. The hares agreed to give us a private tour for KD 3. At the end of the tour he asked for KD 15, and turned out he meant KD 3 EACH, including the one year old toddler. So make sure he doesn’t rip you off too much.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home