Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My favorite...museum in Kuwait

Unfortunately there aren’t that many museums in Kuwait. Although the museum-situation is far better than it was lets say 10 years ago. Since then the National Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, the Invasion Memorial Museum, the Qurain (not Yarmouk ;) Martyrs’ Museum, the Boom Museum at SAS, the Scientific Center, the Red Fort and Dickson House have all opened/reopened.
However, there has been one specific museum that has been around since the 80’s, and it’s the private collection of Mr. Tareq Rajab in Jabriya, called the Tareq Museum.
Even though I’ve been there countless times, I never fail to discover some new detail that I haven’t noticed before. The collection includes pots, clothes, weapons, musical instruments, jewelry, carpets etc from the Islamic world, and there’s a wonderful collection of Qurans.The museum is located in Jabriya, Block 12, Street 5. It’s open every day from 9am-12noon, and in the morning and from 4pm-7pm. On Fridays it’s only open in the morning. Entry is free.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home