Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Saturday, July 30, 2005

My favorite…office building in Kuwait

The Arab Organizations Headquarters building is located in Shuwaikh near MTC, and from the outside doesn’t look anything special. It’s pretty much a big concrete cube, with little windows.

Inside, however, one comes across all sorts of treasures. It is an architectural masterpiece, one of its kind in the world probably.

It houses four major organizations: the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, OAPEC (Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries), the Inter-Arab Investment Guarantee Corporation and the Arab Maritime Petroleum Transport Company.

The Arab Fund’s website has lots of details and pictures. One can arrange for a live tour by calling 4844500, extension 2011. It is definitely worth a visit, and until one sees it he won’t understand what the big deal is. It is advisable to wear comfortable shoes, as the tour last 3+ hours. It is possible to arrange for a tour on a Thursday.

This time I only posted some of my pictures of tiles and geometric designs from inside the building.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Burgoz said...

Had the chance to visit on Saturday. It's amazing!
One memory I will take home and cherish :-)

5:32 AM, June 09, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home