Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Monday, August 29, 2005

BOokS BoOkS BooKS

Generally I like to read, but lately I came to the conclusion that I don’t read enough. So my new project is to first of all read all books that have been lying around my room unread or unfinished. My plan is to have a book that I’m reading all the time, and finish all books if I start them, even if they don’t turn out that good.
My list as of now:
Jean Sasson: Mayada, Daughter of Iraq: One Woman's Survival Under Saddam Hussein
Farah Pahlavi: An Enduring Love : My Life with the Shah - A Memoir
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
Azar Nafisi: Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books
Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code
Sylvia Nasar: A Beautiful Mind: The Life of Mathematical Genius and Nobel Laureate John Nash

Of course added to all this I'll have tons of books to read for my masters courses.
I just found out today that I won't have exams, so I'm guessing I'll have lots of hand in assignements. Also, in the UK they don't have 2 semesters like in the US, but instead 3 terms. I feel a little dumb asking the secretary too many questions, but the last time I studied in a British school was in grade 9, so I don't know :o)
I'll be off to the UK on September 23, to do an MA in Arab Gulf Studies. I'm getting pretty excited. I've been living in Hungary for two years, so it was about time for the usual adrenaline rush of moving to a new country, that seems to happen to me every 2-3-4 years :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home