Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Aloha!

I made it to Kuwait in one piece, hamdullilah. London was awesome, I will put together a post about it in the coming days, with some cool pictures.

I'll be kicking off my stay here with a restaurant review. We ended up going to KON-TIKI with my parents at SAS. It's a Polynesian restaurant. I have definitely never eaten anything Polynesian before, so this was a good experiment.
They had a wide variety of sea-foods, as well as a couple of chicken, beef and duck dishes. I had "wood-fire oven roasted duck," for the main course and it was delicious. They also had an extensive selection of "cocktails" and even though we didn't have dessert they had quite a few of those too.
The waiters/waitresses were very friendly and attentive, and the decoration was cool too. The restaurant is underneath the BOOM restaurant, actually below the ship's bottom. It's pretty neat.

Here's some pictures. It's definitely worth a visit:



7 Comments:

Blogger Judy Abbott said...

oh the best place to chill in kuwait.

what about the pre appitizer mushrooms they didnt give you that? or the banana madry shino dessert as a complimentary dish from the house!

and you didnt try their coffee!!! oh wow they have great ones.

BTW great choice their duck latheeeeeeeeeeeth

and yummy when you leave did you see the recipie cards?

2:37 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger MiYaFuSHi said...

Thanks for the info Q8Sultana, I had no idea this place existed. Looks great in the pics and quite roomy. I'm definately going to check it out.

2:52 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger BloBoz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:09 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger BloBoz said...

yeah it seems to be a cool place. Now it's on my places to vist list :)..

4:10 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger 3baid said...

Welcome back!
I never heard about that place, sounds good :)

11:37 AM, December 18, 2005  
Anonymous Pearls said...

Welcome Back ... and I'm so glad that you & your parents had a great time together :-) Enjoy what's left of your vacation here!

2:42 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger BitterSweet said...

Glad you enjoyed London and made it safely to Kuwait.The resturant sure looks cool and spacious.
Enjoy Kuwait and your parents :-)

7:20 AM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home