Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas in Kuwait

When I told people I'll be spending Christmas in Kuwait, some of their reactions were like these:
“Duuuuuh, they don’t celebrate Christmas in Kuwait.” (like I was talking utter nonsense)
“Do they have Christmas trees in Kuwait?”
“Are you allowed to celebrate Christmas in Kuwait?”
Etc etc etc

So here are some pictures taken in public places of Christmasy things, to prove that it’s possible to feel the holiday spirits even in Kuwait. I might add more pictures tomorrow.



3 Comments:

Blogger Stinni said...

I used to do this every year on my blog, to show the outside world the spirit of Christmas in Kuwait. This year I've noticed more Christmas trees in apartments/homes on display at night. Merry Christmas. :)

9:58 AM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger MiYaFuSHi said...

Oh how pretty. Christmas trees are fun!!

2:47 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Jewaira said...

I have also noticed many more decorated Christmas trees in public places this year

11:26 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home