Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Maa Salama Baba Jaber

I have a number of friends and relatives who visit my blog from Hungary and elsewhere, so decided to post some pictures taken by KUNA, BBC and Al-Watan photographers portraying the sadness that swept Kuwait upon hearing the death of the Emir.
The pictures speak for themselves...
Al-Watan:

BBC:


KUNA:

To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.

The Holy Quran 2:156

4 Comments:

Blogger Tooomz said...

It's a beautiful memorial of sorts..the last moments & scenes of sadness.

4:06 AM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger majeed said...

3a'6am allah Ajerkom

6:23 PM, January 17, 2006  
Anonymous Kuwaitia said...

Kuwait will never be the same without Baba Jaber. No leader after him will be the man he was. He truly made a difference, May Allah rest his soul in peace and grant him paradise, Ameen.
Baba Jaber you will always be in our hearts and forever missed ya Jaber elkhair :`(

12:16 AM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank u Sultana, very nice collection, it shows how sad we were and still are:(

7:18 PM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home