Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

AAAAAGGGGHHH!!!

My mom flew home tonight, so we took her to the airport. Since her flight is at 2:30am, we left for the airport at midnight. Since it was late, I was thinking I won’t run into anyone at this late hour at the airport out of all places, so I just wore a T-shirt and jeans, flip-flops, zero makeup, didn’t even do anything to my hair, no jewelry, glasses…looked like a bum.

And of course I did run into someone. Someone I haven't seen in years, who has nothing to do with Kuwait and the chances of him (yes, a HIM - to make things worse) being in Kuwait were negligible.

While he doesn’t matter, I would have preferred to not have looked like a bum when running into him. Or when running into anyone I know, for that matter...

And worst of all, he was with a friend and was like “I hardly recognized you. You look…different.”

I’m traumatized...

7 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

ya that was me :)

5:56 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger The Stallion said...

Don't worry about such things! If more young ladies leave the house without make-up then Kuwait wouldn't be so scary! :oP

Young ladies here over do it with make up and I personally like those who wear little or non!

7:29 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Stinni said...

Think of it this way: you're SUPPOSED to look like you did at the airport. Only the nouveau riche dress up to go to the airport or travel. :)

8:09 AM, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Pearls said...

I would’ve said: "Nem értem." I hope that sounds right. Then, I'd run for my life .. lol!

But I'm sure you looked perfectly fine without any of that.

I really wish your mom a very safe trip.

10:45 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger q8Sultana said...

Thanks ya'll. Although I think I'll need a few more days before I can think of the incident without impulsively banging my head against the wall...

Pearls: impressive. Where did you get the letter with the accent? You know any hungarians here?

10:55 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger 3baid said...

Don't worry about it. He probably would've said the same thing even if you had done all those things :P

12:52 PM, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Pearls said...

I just took off from one of those tourist sites, lol.

9:57 AM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home