Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Friday, March 10, 2006

Mabrook! :o)


In August 2004 a good friend of mine from Hungary visited me in Kuwait (yes, I lure unsuspecting people to the 50+ degrees because I’m evil).

Anyway, a few days before leaving for Kuwait, she started dating a guy. Of course going on an almost 3 week vacation at the beginning of a relationship is not an easy thing to do.

Nevertheless, she proved heroic, and did the whole Tareq Museum-boat trip-Kuwait towers-Marina Mall-The Palms-Souq Sharq-camel farm-desert trip-Shisha-Suq Mubarakiyya-Friday Market-shopping-sunbathing-Red Fort-Liberation Museum-Salmiya-Kuwait City-Arab Fund-Messilah Beach-coffe drinking at Starbucks-Jahra-Hindi Movie-Gulf Road Cruising frenzy, with only occasional occurrences of me having to drag her away from the computer while sending e-mail number n+1 to her “sweetheart.”

It has been one of those relationships where people have been asking “So when are you getting married?” jokingly and seriously since the very beginning, because it was so obvious that they will.

It is hard to imagine two people better suited for each other, even for someone as skeptical about relationships as I am. And it is rare to see a relationship so harmonious and happy.

Well, yesterday he proposed to her, and she said yes :o)

Congratulations, and I wish you a life filled with happiness and blessings together!!

5 Comments:

Blogger 3baid said...

Yay! Where's the cake? :]

11:00 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger ananyah said...

thats amazing :)

7:52 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger TANTALIZE said...

Q8Sultana: And why are you weary about relationships? That's something to explore! ;^)

11:00 PM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Pearls said...

Cheers, plz post a picture of the two.

12:57 PM, March 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pictures pls. I'm not keen on beeing out on the WEB. greetings from the male side of the couple.

12:53 PM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home