Q8Sultana's Blog...

Generally I can be found roaming somewhere in the world. I'm originally from Hungary, I grew up in Kuwait, I did my BA in the States, my MA in the UK, and now work in Hungary, but still return to Kuwait regularly :o)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Re: Stinni and the "Taj Mahal House"

Stinni asked about this house on her blog:

(Picture taken by Psycho Milt)

I visited this house about a year ago. AWARE organized the visit there with the owner. These are some of my pictures I took inside the house:


I just want to say, that although I no longer remember the name of the owner, he was extremely kind to open up his private home and entertain a group of "tourists" (I'm not sure if I still qualify as a tourist but anyway), and answer never ending questions and let us take pictures and roam around his house for hours.

I was especially thrilled to see the inside because we drove by this house while it was first being built every day with my mom on my way to school, and we always wondered what it must be like.

And I think it's awesome that the owner was not afraid to build his dream house. Cause it really is a house out of a dream :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger ananyah said...

thats aladdin's house!

omgggg i used to live in fintas years and years ago b4 movin to mishref and we passed this every morning *i think its the same one* in fintas driving towards to slip road to the highway (coming from the sea end)

anyway i think years ago there was a kuwait soap opera in this house... the colours used to be pink, turqiouse etc...

maybe its another house but it looks so so so familiar!

2:01 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Stinni said...

When I asked about that house yesterday, I never imagined that someone would let me peek inside! Very cool. :)

And yes, it used to be pink/turquoise but it recenlty underwent a facelift.

I think it's an awesome house and shows the owners' uniqueness, not something that can be found much these days.

4:29 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Pearls said...

Lots and lots of things. But it's so organized.

10:43 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger TANTALIZE said...

I think it's my cousin's house. He's eccentric alright.

10:57 PM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home